Tuesday, January 17, 2012

We Never Have a Clue

(Somewhat inebriated, the smell of cigarettes drenched from one as the other stood there staring off in the distance in a silence. Silent for no other reason, than just to be silent. The smoker throws his arm around his peer, his friend and confidently states:)

-You know what I like about you? You wear your heart on your sleeve. You say 'screw everyone else', you are true. There are not a lot of people in this world like you. I respect that.

(The tight lipped individual nods in appreciation. He thinks to himself and carefully chooses his words)

"That's life though man. . .Its emotional. You can't live life without emotions. All of them. The tears, the hatred, the burning in soul they all  make the other ones feel that much better. The serenity, the peacefulness, the love, the joy the ones that make life really worth living."

-Yeah man, I feel ya. I just don't understand though. It's admirable, but kind of annoying at times too.

"I know what you are saying. But why should I let society tell me that I have to be tough all the time, and not show emotions? Yet everyone else is allowed to do what they want. Doesn't make sense to me. Plus, trying to remain in happiness when you feel like you have nothing left to give.....its an interestingly fun battle."

-Interesting. Though, I have seen you pretty pissed off before. That was someone no one wants to be around. However your people keep coming back.

"I know its weird. I always make sure I apologize if I go out of line. They know I am not trying to hurt them. They know I am a good person at the end of it all. We all do bad things, that doesn't make us bad people. Just a lapse in our moral and otherwise structured life."

-Yeah. Morals are important. However we tend to put morals off to do what makes us happy. Kinda like making us bad people.

"I agree. Morals though, are nothing more than what we make them. My morals slightly differ from yours and his and hers. It doesn't make you a bad person, it makes you a better person in my opinion. If you feel guilty for not following your morals, and what is right, then at least you are learning. We need to learn in life. Learn, evolve, adapt and move forward. Make the next moment in life better than the moment that we are currently living. For ourselves and those around us."

-Word.

"I guess all in all, we just have to try to be the best people we can be everyday. Put in the time and effort needed to get accomplished what we need to get accomplished. And always, always pay it forward."

-I like that.

(They push off the wall they were leaning against. Tap out the cigarette and the conversation simmers down.)

"I don't know bro, I guess I always wonder if I am a good person because I want to do good things and be respectful, and what not. Or if I am a good person because I have the desire to be a good person."

I wonder that shit too man. . .who knows, lets get a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment