Thursday, June 30, 2011

Time Is Relative

A clenched jawed. A frustration. My stomach churning. Moist eyes followed by a breakdown. Flared nostrils. A big swallow of the tears in the throat.

Eyes closed tight. Shake of the head. Nibble on the bottom lip.

Life ripped away. No one feels at ease. The uncomfortable conversations arise.

They say it should not be a day of mourning, but a day celebrating a life. Alas, it comes too soon.

The melancholy days are suffered under a pseudo-happy illumination of the sun. Our hopes and aspirations are dismayed for what we wish was only temporarily.

What has society just placed upon me?

Is this fair? Is this right? Is this real life?

Too young to see our peers dressed in all black. Too naive to understand it all.

Countless night up in bed. Staring at the ceiling. Staring at the stars. No words to be spoken. Trying to comprehend it all.

This isn't fucking fair. No one in my life should have to suffer like this. I would rather take the pain and misery of all my friends for the rest of my life than to see this occur.

I break inside. I want to help. I know its too much.

When will things like this be less painful?


-To all of those that have died too young in your pure, young months. . .your legacy lives on and you are always apart of my life. Thanks for saving me when I needed you the most, it is my turn to return the favor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment