Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Easily inspired

A certain aspect about me: I am easily inspired. It may be a fallacy, but it is important. It has helped me battle my depression. It has given me a purposeful life. It catalyzed my personal development. My entries will now be my my subconscious thought regurgitated onto this blog. Some would argue it is simply a journal entry, others will be thoroughly intrigued by the development of my mind, but most will not care. That is fine with me. I am doing this for me.

Mastering one's hidden self (your subconscious) is an important part of life. It is time to ignore it less, and communicate with it effectively. I carry a pocket notebook to jot down quotes and thoughts so I can redirect them here. I keep an open mind and open heart to allow myself to determine what I want. I hope this experiment will help me grow and further develop into the gentleman I strive to become.

Amazingly, today I realized something important. I have a major character flaw. I am unaccomplished. At least, that is how I feel. Sure, I graduated valedictorian of my high school, graduated from a great university (THE Ohio State University), and have been accepted into medical school. Yet, I still feel unaccomplished. I have not done ANYTHING yet. I suppose my life will never be satisfied. Don't take that the wrong way, I am happy and at peace. No matter what I do, the feeling of non-achievement lingers shortly behind. Anyways, I am gonna keep plugging away. Maybe one day I will find that happiness that is satisfaction.

Cheers to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment